Joining IHWA is easy:
- Application: complete the online Membership Application below (Join Here). Alternatively you may download, print and complete the application form manually and return a scanned copy via email to email@example.com.
- Payment: Membership fees may be paid by PayPal or direct transfer into IHWA’s bank account. Your membership will become active from the date on which your payment is received.
Annual Membership Fees are in Australian dollars. To view the equivalent in your currency, please use calculator below:
Other General Information
- Membership year is valid for one year, effective from the date on which payment of membership fees is received.
- All members shall pay an annual membership fee as determined at each AGM.
- As a not-for-profit organisation, IHWA membership fees are non-refundable, unless by special agreement of the Board.
- All members have voting rights within the association, and may be elected to the Board.
- The Board may refuse an application or cancel membership if it considers it to be in the best interests of IHWA. An example may be where the member/potential member demonstrates values and behaviour inconsistent with IHWA’s mission, such as commercially promoting smoking.
- In any event where membership is refused or withdrawn, the Board will inform you in writing within twenty-one days of the decision. You do have the right to appeal the decision and provide more information, however in the end the Board’s decision will be final.
- Membership is not transferable.
- Termination of membership occurs if: the member dies or, if it is an organisation, ceases to exist; the member resigns by written notice to the Alliance; the member is removed from membership by a resolution of the Board due to breach of IHWA’s Code of Ethics or otherwise engaging in inappropriate behaviour that may negatively reflect on IHWA’s reputation.
- A copy of IHWA’s Constitution is downloadable from your Member’s Dashboard upon activation of your membership.
- Who can join IHWA? Membership in IHWA is open to any organisation or person with an active interest in health, wellbeing and community. There are no restrictions on eligibility – membership is open to all.
- Why should I join? To be part a community of like-minded, passionate people; making the world a better place through initiatives that span every aspect of healthy lifestyle and wellbeing. Plus, you’ll expand your own wellness knowledge, and be empowered through connection with resources from around the world.
- Why do you charge a membership fee? IHWA is a not-for-profit organisation, run entirely by volunteers. To the greatest extent possible, membership revenues are channelled into projects. However, there are some expenses (such as website maintenance and regulatory compliance) that your membership fee helps to cover, but we keep these as low as possible.
- Can I claim membership as a tax deduction? At the moment, IHWA is not formally certified as a Not-For-Profit association, and so membership fees may not be claimable. However we will be applying for certification in early 2017, so that membership fees along with sponsorships and donations may be tax deductible in the near future.
- Collection of Information. In order to use the IHWA website, we may require information from you in order to provide the best service possible. All correspondence may be collected and stored, particularly with regard to membership, support and accounts, including email. Any information collected by IHWA is collected via correspondence from you or your company. This may be via telephone, email, mail, fax or directly through our website.
- Use of Collected Information. Any information collected by IHWA from you is required in order to provide you with membership services and a high level of customer service. Correspondence is recorded in order to provide service references.
- Storage of Collected Information. The security of your personal information is important to us. When you entre sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) on our website, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). When credit card details are collected, we simply pass them on to be processed as required. We never permanently store complete credit card details.
- IHWA follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
- Access to Collected Information. If your personally identifiable information changes, you may update your data in your member profile under the Member’s Only section. If you wish your details to be removed from IHWA’s database, email us as firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Membership Applications. If you purchase a membership from IHWA, we may request certain personally identifiable information from you. You may be required to provide contact information and financial information. We use this information for billing purposes and to activate your membership. If we have trouble processing an application, we will use this information to contact you.
- IHWA uses personally identifiable information for essential communication, such as emails, accounts information and critical service details. We may also use this information for other purposes, including promotional emails and newsletters. If at any time a person wishes not to receive such correspondence, they can request to be removed from the mailing lists by emailing us at email@example.com.
- You will be notified when your personal information is collected by any third party that is not our agent / service provider, so that you can make an informed choice as to whether or not to share your information with that party.
- Third Parties. IHWA may at its discretion use other third parties to provide essential services on our site or for our business processes. We may share your details as necessary for the third party to provide that service. These third parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
- IHWA does not share any information with third parties for any unknown or unrelated uses.
- We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on our website.
- Links on the IHWA website to external entities are not covered within this policy. The terms and conditions set out in this privacy statement only cover the domain name of www.ihwa.org.
Refund & Returns Policy
- Given that IHWA is a not-for-profit organization, Membership fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable, unless by special agreement of the Board.